EDINBURGH 20-MILERS

20th Anniversary Year

You are welcome to join our easy-paced bike rides. Click here for all the information you need.

Pages

Saturday 14 January 2023

A chilly start to the year

Eight hardy riders braved the elements for our first ride of 2023. Not a bad turnout considering the conditions: very cold, windy, heavy showers, albeit with some occasional spells of sunshine. Alan led the group on a familiar route in the west of the city, stopping for a late lunch at Craigie's Farm.

Unfortunately your two official blog reporters were both absent from the ride, laid low by various bugs, aches and pains. Hence this abbreviated write-up. Sorry about that. We should be back to normal in time for our February outing.

Leader: Alan

Report (such as it is): Mike

Photo: Alison

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am bit confused. I thought the ride was on Saturday, 14th January but I see you went on Sunday 15th? I nearly came (my first time) but due to the weather condition I left it.

Mike Lewis said...

Hello Anonymous. The ride was indeed on the 14th. The date you were seeing was the date on which the report was posted. My mistake. Sorry for the confusion. I have now corrected the date.

I hope you'll make it next time. Mike